How can I add a Power of Attorney?
- In order to add a Power of Attorney to your Best Egg account, please send a completed and notarized Power of Attorney to PO Box 42912 Philadelphia, PA 19101, fax it to 800-616-4719, or email it to loanservicing@BestEgg.com.
What powers does someone who has been given a Power of Attorney have?
- Someone who has been given a Power of Attorney is often referred to as an “agent”, and they have the ability to act as the customer in all decisions.
What is a Power of Attorney?
- A Power of Attorney is a legal document signed by two parties and notarized which gives one person the power to act for another person.
What requirements are needed for a valid Power of Attorney?
- Must be signed by agent and principal
- Must be notarized and signed
- Notary must be valid (commission not expired as of signing date)
- Notary must not be familial in name
- Delegates power for banking/financial transactions
- Validate effective date and expiration date of POA
- Notary must have valid authorization for the same state as the principal