No, personal interest was deductible on income taxes years ago, but Congress eliminated those deductions in the Tax Reform Act of 1986. Consult with a tax professional for tax-related questions.
Articles in this section
- How do I make payments?
- Can I change my due date?
- What is autopay and why should I enroll in it?
- Can I make additional payments?
- How do I view upcoming payments and confirm a payment was received?
- Are there pre-payment penalties?
- If I want to pay more than the monthly payment, or make additional payments, will those payments be applied to the principal?
- Is the interest paid on this loan tax-deductible?
- What if I am unable to make a payment?
- Where can I mail my payment?