If you find information on your credit report that’s incorrect, you can request to have it removed or corrected by contacting the credit bureau whose report has the error. While each bureau has their own process for submitting disputes, you can generally initiate disputes online, by phone, or by mail.
Articles in this section
- How can I improve my credit health?
- How can I prevent/protect myself from fraud?
- How do I improve my credit score?
- How can I dispute inaccuracies and errors on my credit report?
- A data breach just happened! How do I protect myself?
- What’s the difference between a credit lock and a credit freeze?
- Why is the score I get from my bank different from the scores I see on Best Egg Credit Health?
- What’s the difference between a hard and soft credit inquiry?
- What factors affect my credit score?
- What’s a good credit score?