1) When can I redeem my cash back rewards for a statement credit?
You can redeem your rewards for a statement credit or Pay Me Back (transaction credit) anytime. Redeem your rewards in your Best Egg account from your Card dashboard, by clicking on the Rewards Balance Box, or by contacting an agent. The minimum redemption amount is $20.
2) How soon after my purchase can I redeem cash back rewards?
Rewards will be awarded once your transaction has processed. Once processing is complete, you can redeem your rewards for a statement credit or Pay Me Back (transaction credit) anytime. Redeem your rewards in your Best Egg account from your Card dashboard, by clicking on the Rewards Balance Box, or by contacting an agent. The minimum redemption amount is $20.
3) How do I earn cash back rewards?
You can earn rewards based on the value of your purchases. For each purchase you make with your account, you will earn 1% in rewards. For example, if you spend $100 in purchases you will be awarded $1.00 in cash back rewards. Please note, unlimited 1% cash back does not apply to Cash Advance transactions.
4) How do I know how many cash back rewards I’ve earned?
To review your rewards activity, log in to your account online at BestEgg.com. From your Card dashboard, click on the Rewards Balance Box. From there, you can view your cash back rewards balance, view your redemption options, and redeem your rewards.
5) What can I redeem my cash back rewards for?
We currently offer two redemption options:
- Statement credit: Redeem your rewards in the form of a statement credit. Your credit will be applied directly to your account and appear on your next monthly statement.
- Pay Me Back: Reimburse yourself up to 3 items purchased within the last 90 days.
There’s a minimum of $20 for redemption and your cash back rewards take 3-5 business days to post to your account once you redeem.
6) What happens to my cash back rewards if my account becomes delinquent?
- If your account isn’t in good standing, you won’t be able to earn cash back rewards, but you may still be able to redeem them.
- Any redeemed credit to your account does not constitute a payment under the terms of the Credit Card Agreement and will not change the past due status on your account. You may need to make a payment to get your account back in good standing.
7) What happens to my cash back rewards if I decide to close my account?
You’ll have 90 days after the date the account is closed to redeem any outstanding rewards you’ve earned.
8) Will cash back rewards be available to existing customers?
Cash back rewards are only available to eligible new customers currently
9) What if I applied for a cash back rewards card, but did not receive it?
We’re sorry you didn’t receive the card you applied for. While this isn’t an option now, we hope to be able to convert customers to a rewards account in the future.
10) What if I redeemed my cash back rewards for a statement credit, but then requested the Pay Me Back option?
Once your rewards have been redeemed, we’re unable to change the method of redemption.
11) What if I want my redemption letter re-sent?
While that option isn’t currently available, you can see the details of your redemption by viewing your Account Activity and selecting “Redemptions.”
12) What if I am unable to redeem my cash back rewards online?
If you’re unable to redeem your rewards online, our agents will be happy to redeem your rewards for you. Please give us a call at 833-707-1226 for assistance.
13) What if my cash back rewards balance is wrong?
Our agents will be happy to review the statements and verify the balance with you. After the review, if you continue to dispute the balance, please give us a call at 833-707-1226 to speak with an agent. We can work with you to investigate and make sure your cash rewards truly reflect what you’ve earned.
14) Do my cash back rewards expire?
Cash back rewards don’t expire, and there’s no limit to the amount of rewards you can earn. However, there may be times when certain account statuses will cause your rewards to expire.
Card Reward Details
How to earn:
• Base Rewards- 1% on all purchases
• Bonus Rewards- (you can only have one bonus at a time)
- 1% on Gas and Groceries
- 1.5% on Payments
- 1% on Gas, Groceries, & Payments
Earning calculations will use a half-up rounding rule. This method rounds a decimal value to the nearest whole number.
• For example, if the amount is $2.456, it will round to $2.46. If the amount is $2.453, it will round to $2.45.
• If you return a purchase and your overall rewards balance becomes negative, this balance will be reflected in your loyalty account.
• You and the authorized users on the account can earn rewards.
Please note: Only the primary cardholder can redeem rewards.
Redeeming your rewards:
- Statement and/or Transaction credits appear on your bill as an adjustment and not as a payment, so please make sure to pay your minimum payment due each month.
- Receipt of a statement credit does not affect your responsibility to pay your minimum payment shown on each statement you receive from Best Egg.
- If the reward applied exceeds the amount owed on your statement, it may show a credit balance. This credit balance will remain on your account until any new purchases are applied or you request a refund of the credit balance.
Types of redemption:
- Statement credit (cash back)
- If you choose to redeem your reward for a statement credit and then want to apply the credit to a specific transaction, we cannot go back and change the redemption.
- Pay Me Back (transaction credit for specific purchase)
Please note: Best Egg products do not have a reward expiration or reward forfeiture due to card inactivity. However, there may be times when certain account statuses will cause you to forfeit your rewards.