Looking to sell or refinance your home with a lien attached? Good news! The Best Egg home secured loan can be paid off through the closing process when selling or refinancing your home. Please advise your lender to contact Best Egg at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a payoff quote today! Advise your lender to confirm the account will be paid in full using the proceeds of the sale. Once the account has been paid in full, the lien removal request process can take place.
Steps to take:
- The loan can be paid in full using the closing sale proceeds from the home.
- The Best Egg home secured loan must be paid in full to terminate the lien against the fixtures in the home. Let your lender know that the lien is on the fixtures of the home, not the property itself.
- Advise your lender to request a payoff quote from Best Egg by emailing email@example.com to confirm payoff amount of the loan.
- Advise your lender to provide a signed borrower’s authorization form from which the request is coming from, allowing 3rd party contact to discuss the account.
- Advise your lender to confirm the loan will be paid off with the proceeds from the sale of the home.
- We will submit the request to the County to begin the lien removal process 10 days after the account has been paid in full, granted there are no additional open secured accounts on file. It is then up to the County and their timeframe to process the lien termination.
What’s the difference between Best Egg’s secured loan and a home equity loan?
- Both types of loans place a lien on all or part of your home, which means that you may have to repay your loan in full if you sell, refinance, or obtain new financing on your home. A home equity loan uses your entire property (including the fixtures) as collateral, while Best Egg’s secured loan is only secured by the fixtures in your home. Traditional home equity loans may take several weeks and involve multiple in-person appointments, but with a secured loan, you can file all the paperwork online and receive your money in as little as a few days.
Can I sell my home with a lien attached?
- The lien is not transferable and does not transfer with the sale of the home to the new homeowner. The Best Egg home secured loan must be paid in full to terminate the lien. The loan can be paid with the closing sale or proceeds when selling the home.
Can I pay off my home secured loan with the sale of my home?
- Yes. The lien can be paid using sale proceeds of the home.
I am selling or refinancing my home. Who does my lender contact to proceed with removing the lien against the fixtures in my home?
- The loan must be paid in full to terminate the lien. Please advise your lender to contact Best Egg at firstname.lastname@example.org anytime to request a payoff quote and confirm the loan will be paid off with the proceeds from the sale of the home. Alternatively, feel free to access the Best Egg website for a 30-day payoff quote under “Documents” on the dashboard.
For more information about Secured Home Loans, please visit: